Thursday, November 12, 2009

bath time

The other day I decided it was high time for the babies to have a proper bath.  Harry had developed a habit of peeing in his own face and spitting up in Violet's, and I really did not feel that a damp washcloth was equal to the situation. 

Here's what I learned:

In order to successfully bathe two babies at once, at least one of the following elements must be present:
  • a second adult
  • sufficient head control on the part of the babies
  • ninja reflexes
Otherwise it's a bit harrowing.

The babies enjoyed it thoroughly.  I would have taken a picture if I hadn't been too busy clinging onto their slippery little selves for dear life.  Instead, we have a picture (taken by my mother, who arrived at my house at just the right moment) of them wrapped up in a towel after their bath.


That's Violet on the left, wearing her trademark expression of disdain, and Harry, looking like a tired alien.

5 comments:

Amanda, Jake, and Parker Patow said...

Ha ha! So sweet!

Annie said...

So funny! She really does look as though she is staring at him in the most inconvenienced way.

Theresa said...

Awww, I love Violet's expression of disdain! She's got spunk!

Anonymous said...

i love the look on violets face! adorable. i like that girl.

Anonymous said...

btw: my husband read your comment the other day and was excited to see that you're from NJ. he's originally from South Plainfield, which i guess is not too far from where you came from.