Wednesday, January 27, 2010

sanity

Things are improving here:  the babies are sleeping for longer stretches of time, the weather's been good enough for Joseph to spend some quality time with his sandbox, we found a part time babysitter, and we've all learned to appreciate toddler television in moderation.  I've even been able to keep the house a bit tidier, which in turn makes me even saner.  I need to keep that in mind the next time I'm super stressed and crazy: I am happier when the house is tidy and there aren't mounds of sand and plastic dinosaurs scattered everywhere.   

Here are totally unrelated pictures.  Violet's wearing a navy corduroy jumper I made.  She has a goofy smile.  Harry has a goofy everything.  He's yawning, in case that isn't clear.



Joseph is modeling the green vest I knit while on bed rest. 

I was trying to get him to pose a la the Sartorialist.  Didn't quite happen, but I think he looks dashing.

4 comments:

Not Hannah said...

I LOVE the vest. (Children are also adorable.) Glad your sanity is making a comeback, lady.

Theresa said...

Such sweet pictures! I love that vest. Wish I could knit... but yeah...

Anonymous said...

joseph gets cuter with every picture. i love his crazy curls.

i get crabby when my house is too messy. i can handle a little bit of everyday clutter but not much more than that. (right now jay is laying tile in the boys room and my house has been a disaster area for three days. all the boys stuff is in the front room and the floors are all in serious need of a mopping. i may have an aneurysm if this project isnt completed soon.)

Anonymous said...

dashing lad, indeed. I envy your knitting skills. Who has time to clean with kids and crafting?