Monday, August 10, 2009

silly hat for tiny baby head


Because I had a bit of a loaves & fishes situation with the yarn I used for this little sweater, I was able to make a matching hat.  The pattern is here.  The pattern was very easy to follow, although I when I got to the top of the hat where I was using two colors per row, I was not sure what to do with the yarn I wasn't using, so I wound up carrying it across, fair-isle style.  In other words, the inside of this hat is quite a mess.

I like baby hats with ears, flowers, plants, etc. growing out of the top.  I remember when Joseph was tiny, looking at him in the rear view mirror and watching him scream his little head off while he was wearing a hat with bear ears.  The bear ears definitely took the edge off the daily tragedy that was getting in the car.  I figure a screaming baby in a silly hat is better than a screaming baby without a silly hat.  And two screaming babies?  You get my point. 

I have no idea whether the sweater and the hat will fit the baby at the same time.  This is one of the problems with making things in advance of the babies' arrival.

No comments: