Friday, May 7, 2010

curtain fail

These curtains are every bit as lurid in real life as they are in the photo. My dining room now looks like a place where people go to get murdered and dismembered. The fabric is gorgeous but it looks terrifying with the light shining through it. Are all colored curtains this gruesome? And yet I've see them in magazines and the Anthropologie catalog, so it can't be that insane an idea (but I also see rompers and toeless boots in the Anthro catalog, so perhaps they are not to be trusted). Perhaps I need to line the curtains?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Theresa said...

I was going to say that I really like the fabric... do I have horrible taste?! Perhaps lining them would help.

Karen said...

The fabric is beautiful, it really is--but then you hang it in the window and the room suddenly looks like a brothel because of the filtered colored light.

meg said...

I'm sorry, that sucks. I've been trying to pick out fabric for our curtains since we moved in 3 years ago.
um, also my security word is douche which is very weird.

Anonymous said...

I think lining them would help. Such pretty fabric.

Annie said...

I vote for lining too. I think that sew-on woven interfacing would be easy and work well. I've got some and I'm going to try and line some curtains for Mariam with it.

Not Hannah said...

Lining. Lining all the way. Because I think this fabric is gawgeous.

Kristy said...

I have colored curtains too, but had to put a lining on them to show their true beauty :0)