Wednesday, October 7, 2009

new diapers, crappy pictures

New diaper covers!



This one is just red PUL bound with fold over elastic.  I cut out the PUL using basically the same template as for all the diapers I've made, bound it with FOE, then stitched on some velcro.  That's it, easy peasy.  Since both the PUL and the FOE are stretchy, the cover itself is stretchy, which makes for a nice trim fit. 


This one is the same idea, but with a layer of cotton fabric layered on top of the PUL.  I used a glue stick to paste the two layers together before sewing on the FOE, that way I didn't need to poke pinholes holes into the PUL.  The cotton fish fabric isn't stretchy, so this cover isn't as trim as the red one, but it provides some much needed variety.

If it weren't for the fact that I am the only person in this family who is not completely unmanned by the prospect of having to use a prefold or fitted diaper as well as a cover, I would scrap all the pocket diapers I've been making in favor of these little covers.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

But how do you stop Joseph from taking off the cover? Back in March, Henry figured out all he had to do was tug at the corner, and volia! No more cover. It's all snaps and knit covers in my house.

Karen said...

PANTS. :)

Anonymous said...

Also, that fishy cover is super cute!

Karen said...

Thanks!

Aleta said...

Now, how adorable is that!

Anonymous said...

See, now you are being tricksy. I usually go with diaper+cover and no pants. I'm lazy. :-)

Karen said...

To be honest, I let J. go pantsless at home for most of the summer. Any spontaneous nudity just adds to the excitement.

Amanda, Jake, and Parker Patow said...

You are amazing Karen! So cute.