Thursday, October 1, 2009

knitting for sanity, part 2



I'm not as happy with this version of the Debbie Bliss baby shrug as I was with my last effort.  Unless I am badly misremembering the anatomy of a six month old, I fear there will be bagginess/sloppiness issues, and that the solution would have been a button. 

Furthermore, the seaming was murder and it looks like crap, and I had a really hard time picking up stitches to do the ribbed border--you really have to pick up a ton of stitches when you're working the outside of a curve, but you need to pick up much fewer on the inside of a curve.  Otherwise you wind up with a drooping, puckering mess.   It took several tries to get it reasonably right.

The yarn is (once again) Knit Picks Comfy Worsted, which I could not love more even if I tried. 

But wait!  What is that lovely piece of quilted gorgeousness under the baby sweater?  Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Jenni said...

is it just the angle of the pic or is one sleeve longer than the other?

Karen said...

It's the angle. I was too lazy to get off my rear for long enough to take a decent picture.

Anonymous said...

the color is really pretty.

i cant wait to see the gorgeousness under the sweater.